Switchcraft, Inc. was established in 1946 to manufacture jacks, plugs, and switches, mainly for the communications industry. The original plant was located on West Diversey Street in Chicago. The company moved to a larger facility at 1328 North Halsted Street in 1948 and in 1958, the operation moved to a 185,000 square foot facility located at 5555 North Elston Avenue, which is still the headquarters and the largest of three manufacturing locations for the corporation today.
In 1999, Switchcraft acquired Conxall, a manufacturer of circular connectors and cable assemblies, in order to expand their offering of harsh environment connectivity products. They are located in a 32,000 square foot facility in Villa Park, IL. This strategic acquisition helped to position Switchcraft for expanded growth in the Industrial Marketplace.